Office of The Commissioner General
The Mandate of the office of the Commissioner General is to provide the overall coordination and strategic direction of the Authority (GRA).
The Commissioner General is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Structure Of The Department
The Office of the Commissioner General comprise of:
- Commissioner General's Office
- Internal Audit Department
- Corporate and Public Affairs Unit.
Internal Audit Department
The Department under the leadership of the Director is responsible for the following:
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning satisfactorily
- Provide creditable and effective framework to deter corruption and malpractices
- Investigate cases of alleged corruption and malpractices, and ensure that all actions and decisions are legally valid, fair and responsible
- To ensure integrity and professional standards of conduct of GRA staff as outlined in the GRA Service Rule and Code of Conduct
- Provide management with Internal Audit reports (Customs, Domestic Taxes, Licensing, subvention account and any investigation) with recommendations for improvement
Corporate and Public Affairs Unit
The Unit is headed by the Head of Corporate and Public Affairs and serves as an interface between the Authority and the general public.
- The Unit manages the image and serve as the mouthpiece of the Authority
- It is in charge of printing and distribution of promotional materials to the public
- It coordinates external communications in consultation with the Commissioner General